Monday, October 30, 2006

blogger confessions.

i am so into current events and news. I was listening to this talk radio station and the host was talking about how someone made a billboard talking about the Deval Patrick, and how the billboard showed an empty parking lot. Thats really all I got out of it because paying attention the corner killers in Brockton is a full time stint. So anyway the Host goes on to say that CNN declared this advertising racist. The host didn't understand why, he said "I don't think this is racist, why would it be, it's just an empty parking lot...sheesh" Okay...he didn't say sheesh but you get the idea.

This got me so mad I was thinking about calling in and giving him a piece of my mind. I understand that there are times where we black people as a society look too deep into things, and why shouldn't we. We should always be awarre of what people are saying especially white people because they get a little too slick with their words. Just like this billboard. An empty parking lot and the black man go hand in hand with the stereotype of black men being theives and what better place to rob someone then an empty parking lot. I think there are times that Black People should look into things, but then there are times like when a black person says, "YEA, IT'S CAUSE I'M BLACK." Arg, damned if you do, damned if you don't. I guess.

No comments: