Tuesday, October 17, 2006

this weekend.

i knew i had to go out and wanted to go out. so i set up my cards and played them very well. while i was telling my mom i was going out she hit me with this news.

As I drove up to Boston talking to my husby on the phone I had that in the back of mind. I parked next to a gas station and bought myself a bag of chips and orange juice. I walked back to my car looking around and making sure my environment was safe, and also thhinking how I would defend myself just in case something was to happen. I got into work and I had this same conversation with my co-workers and they all had the same views. it's scary out there for women t just walk around alone. My co-worker Dan said he's upset that his fiance walks home alone sometimes from the bar. He lives in a nice area of Cambridge but yet he's still afraid. In my mind I thought that you could walk alone in the middle of Roxbury and the most that could happen is someone try to rob you, let alone chop you into pieces and leave in Blue Hill.

I heard on the radio this same conversation as well. Between black people and white people and how white people will chop someone to pieces but black people will shoot you first.

On Sunday while my parents, my husby and I sat down for dinner, we talked about this too. But it switched on parents losing their minds and killing their children. My dad stood his ground and said "HAVE YOU EVER HEARD A BLACK PERSON KILLING THEIR CHILDREN...No." Well I stepped in and said yes remember when...He denied that statement and said well there was something up with her, she couldn't afford those kids and thought she was doing it for the better, while the WHITE folks just kill because "GOD" told them to. Whats the difference?

If color is a divident to what is going on in society then this is a proof upon proof that racism is a crime. And who/what is the definition of what is wrong and right?

-thoughts

No comments: